Routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Latha1919
Premium Member
Premium Member

Routines

Post by Latha1919 »

Hi,

I am using routines in my DataStage jobs. Last week the jobs ran successfully, which uses number of routines. After that I exported the jobs in .dsx format. However, when I started testing the same jobs today, jobs are not rejecting the invalid records. Finally, I found that some routines are not returning the correct values which are supposed to. If the data is invalid, routines should return 1, else 0. I compiled and tested the routines, still these are returning 0 instead of 1, for invalid data.

These routines use common variables. I am unable to figure out the issue, please advise.

Thanks in advance,
dsx
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Post the routine code.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you export the routines as well? Or are you using old versions of the routines in the newer environment?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavanns
Participant

Re: Routines

Post by pavanns »

Hi
I had similar problems when i imported routines from a diff prj. all i did was to knock off the .dsx file and reimport routines compile them and then try it out. for safe side please make sure that all the protocols of the code are followed!
pavan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Just export doenst make any differenct in the working Job/Routine. There should be some other environmental change, which might be the reason for the routine to validate ok for those records, which you think, should be rejected.
What is the condition based on which you are trying to reject the rows.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'