Datastage Tx

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VasanthRM
Participant

Datastage Tx

Post by VasanthRM »

What is Datastage Tx. Is it anything similar to transformer stage in sever jobs. Does it serve any extensive purposes
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for an answer to this. There is a separate forum for DataStage TX questions. It's essentially a different product.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VasanthRM
Participant

Post by VasanthRM »

Just to make sure ray, Is Datastage Tx an entirely different product than that of Datastage that we noramlly use.

I would like to use the product. Can i subscribe for some free trail versions of this.
thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not Ray but feel confidant in answering your question anyway.

TX is a completely separate and distinct product from Server, which is also a distinct product from PX.

IBM/Ascential sales will, when requested and they feel it useful, issue the software with a temporary license for trial use. All you need to do is ask.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Though you can ask, there are no 'free trial' versions of any of this software. And if this helps your search, DataStage TX (like PX) was acquired from another company, rebranded and merged into the product line. Used to be called Mercator btw.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers