creating job statistics from joblog created in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shaikf
Participant

creating job statistics from joblog created in datastage

Post by shaikf »

Hi all

We need to create a Dtastage job to get the job statistics from the job log created in Datastage.
1) How many source records
2) How many rejected - rejects can be in lookups, due to source metadata, error cnditions etc.
3) How many loaded/updated

Can anybody help me please....

Thanks
skf
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Do a Search on ETLStats. Bunch of goodies.
For this may be you would need to alter your job designs.
You would need to have separate links for the inserts and updates(one for insert and the other for update). (Not from the same link)

Or may be you would need to maintain the timestamp (may be within the target table or may be separately)
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Yes, i have seperate links for insert and update. and where can i actually find required information from Kduke's site, there are lots of things available in his site. can you please guide me for same ?

[quote="loveojha2"]Do a Search on ETLStats. Bunch of goodies.

[quote]3) How many loaded/updated [/quote]

For this [b]may be [/b]you would need to alter your job designs.
You would need to have separate links for the inserts and updates(one for insert and the other for update). (Not from the same link)

Or may be you would need to maintain the timestamp (may be within the target table or may be separately)[/quote]
rachitha
Participant

Re: creating job statistics from joblog created in datastage

Post by rachitha »

shaikf wrote:Hi all

We need to create a Dtastage job to get the job statistics from the job log created in Datastage.
2) How many rejected - rejects can be in lookups, due to source metadata, error cnditions etc.

Thanks

chk out with dsj.linkrowcount
chk in ds help for dsgetlinkinfo function
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage BASIC programs are case-sensitive, so in addition to translating the SMS shorthand "chk out" to "check out", remember that you need to use DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT and DSGetLinkInfo()
hhh
Participant

Re: creating job statistics from joblog created in datastage

Post by hhh »

You are right that we can do with this function , in my case i want output for all jobs in a project, but i dont want to explicitly specify stage name multiple times, with differnt jobs, stage name may be different. I want generic output for same.

[quote="rachitha"][quote="shaikf"]Hi all

Thanks[/quote]

chk out with dsj.linkrowcount
chk in ds help for dsgetlinkinfo function[/quote]
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

EtlStats is on my tips page below my signature or the other link. When you unzip it there is a text file on how to install it. It is a bunch of jobs and source code to the jobs and routines. It also needs a few sequential files or directories to store sequential files. Instructions show you how to copy all the files to the proper directories because it unzips them in those same directories.

Import the jobs. Compile the jobs and follow instructions. Easy.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can create nested loops that obtain a list of the stage names in a job and a list of the links connected to a stage (DSGetJobInfo and DSGetStageInfo respectively).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

consider we have one job in which 10 source stages(including hashfiles,sequential files and database) and in other job i have 15 source stages(including hashfiles,sequential files and database) , problem is that in second job if we use hash file as intermediate stage then how can we decide this is our source file or intermediate file ? possible that it may not have same design for each job !

[quote="ray.wurlod"]You can create nested loops that obtain a list of the stage names in a job and a list of the links connected to a stage (DSGetJobInfo and DSGetStageInfo respectively). ...[/quote]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Decide upon and rigorously follow a stage and link naming convention.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Our requirement has been changed and need to generate routine in parallel job, stll i have not created parallel routine,this is different than server routine, can you pls give me idea how to implement the routine in px ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Challenge that requirement, for it is asinine. The right place to capture job statistics is after the job is finished. [Fundamental principle; the act of measuring invalidates the measurement while a process is executing.] This means in the job sequence or shell script that controls it. That, in turn, implies either a server routine (that can be invoked from a Routine activity in a job sequence) or some more shell scripting.