Sequence: No Errors No Response

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ktm5050
Participant

Sequence: No Errors No Response

Post by ktm5050 »

FINAL_SEQUENCE_VER2..JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run
20:30:33: Sequence started
20:30:33: Sequence finished OK
==================================

I have three jobs under the nested condition sequence (final_seq) with incremental and destructive. First job grabs Max_TS from staging table, second job updates the ctrl table and third job joins the incremental table and loads them into the staging table. Fairly simple.

If all three jobs run individually, they all perform what they supposed to do but when I run these jobs thru the sequence, nothing happens. The output link going from nested condition sequence to the first job is blue and the rest of the links are black. Is that a sign of error? Does anyone have any idea what should I check?
ktm
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequence: No Errors No Response

Post by chulett »

ktm5050 wrote:The output link going from nested condition sequence to the first job is blue and the rest of the links are black. Is that a sign of error? Does anyone have any idea what should I check?
Sequence jobs don't color links like a job with active stages does, they just indicate the type of trigger on the link. By default:

Blue = UserStatus, Custom or Return Value
Black = Unconditional or Otherwise

Your triggers from the Nested Condition stage aren't firing, so nothing happens there which also means nothing downstream from there runs either. Double-check your trigger expresssions in the Nested Condition stage.

ps. I always customize the Default Trigger Colors so that each has a unique color. Once you learn them, that visually lets you know if you have any of them set to the wrong type. Tools / Options / Job Sequencer / Default Trigger Colors.
Last edited by chulett on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Sequence gives no error but also doens't do anything
How are you claiming it?
Have you seen the log?
Does it show anything suspicious?
Check the Server jobs called, did they run? (may be they aren't even called, because of the trigger condition?)
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The summary suggests that none of the possibilities in your Nested Condition activity was satisfied.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ktm5050
Participant

Post by ktm5050 »

Finally it worked after I made few changes according to your suggestions:

Changed my netsted condition trigger expressions:

From
----------
PATH='I'
PATH='D'

To
---------
'I'