Abort the Sequence as soon as job logs 1 warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

chulett wrote:
poorna_76 wrote:Now since i am running the job through Sequence, i don't have control to set the job limit.
Sure you do... or at least you should. If you run the Sequence job itself with a Warning Limit of 1 it should pass that limit to all child jobs it runs automatically. As noted, it's supposed to be as easy as that.
Thanks chulett. It worked. All child jobs were passed that warning limit 1.

Since the operator may not always run the Sequence , by changing warning limit to 1.
I am looking for the Sequence to take care of this inside by itself.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks in Advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A script or 'wrapper' process that uses dsjob to run the job rather than using the Director to run it. That script can have the "-warn 1" in its command line to enforce that rule.

The only other way would be to change the default in the Director so that it defaults to aborting after 1 warning, but that would effect all jobs run that way.

Otherwise, the process will have to include a step to switch to the Limits tab and set the Limit to 1 before they click the Run button.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

chulett wrote:A script or 'wrapper' process that uses dsjob to run the job rather than using the Director to run it. That script can have the "-warn 1" in its command line to enforce that rule.

The only other way would be to change the default in the Director so that it defaults to aborting after 1 warning, but that would effect all jobs run that way.

Otherwise, the process will have to include a step to switch to the Limits tab and set the Limit to 1 before they click the Run button.
Thanks chulett.

What is the best way to change the default in the Director so that it defaults to aborting after 1 warning.

Thanks in Advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Director: Tools / Options / Limits - set it there. Keep in mind that this is not a global setting, but is a per user setting.
-craig

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

chulett wrote:Director: Tools / Options / Limits - set it there. Keep in mind that this is not a global setting, but is a per user setting.
In was asking with respest to the global setting. Anything in DataStage Administrator .. or some where else..

Thanks in Advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No such beastie or I would have mentioned it.
-craig

meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi poorna,
I think it is not possible to set gobally
In was asking with respest to the global setting. Anything in DataStage Administrator .. or some where else..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only four posts back on this very thread:
Director: Tools / Options / Limits - set it there. Keep in mind that this is not a global setting, but is a per user setting.
But it's applicable to every job started by the user, so it's fairly close to global.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And saying 'per user' is a little bit of a misnomer - it would have been more proper for me to say per installation of the Director.
-craig

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

chulett wrote:And saying 'per user' is a little bit of a misnomer - it would have been more proper for me to say per installation of the Director.
Thanks chulett.