Job Aborted but still it loaded records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Job Aborted but still it loaded records

Post by aakashmalu »

Hi Guys

I have a weird problem with one of my jobs. My job got aborted due to lack of tempspace and i have the message in the log.
But after 12 hours it loaded the records in to the sequential file :o .

Did you guys faced anything like this before, if so can please you explain me about this.

Thank You
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does the job do any other writing to files? If I understood you correctly, your job aborted but some prt of it was still running for 12 hours after the abort message?
aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aakashmalu »

ArndW wrote:Does the job do any other writing to files? If I understood you correctly, your job aborted but some prt of it was still running for 12 hours after the abort message?

I ran this job when i was going home yesterday.
When i looked at the log today in the morning, it got aborted after one hour and i dont know what happened thereafter and there is one more log message that Active stage is finishing. I am copying the exact message below.

PROF_IH_HMO_CLAIM_HDR..t1xfm: DSD.StageRun Active stage finishing.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What are you doing in your transformer?
Are you calling some kind of routines ?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aakashmalu »

DSguru2B wrote:What are you doing in your transformer?
Are you calling some kind of routines ?

No i am not calling any routines, i am just doing some lookups.
In the source that is oracle i am doing a join between 3 tables and loading it to a Flat File.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Lookups against what? That is, what stage types are feeding the reference input links? If Oracle, is the Oracle instance on the same machine as DataStage server, or remote from it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.