Windows XP as DataStage Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could probably implement on Linux for about the same amount of money.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
paule
Participant

One more follow-up - hopefully last

Post by paule »

I did some more testing and found that the SQL Server driver I was trying to use for my ODBC connection may not have been working properly. (Not sure if an XP issue)

I loaded the Ascential drivers - apparently not part of the base install - and used the Ascential SQL Server Wire Protocol driver in the ODBC connections. I then ran a standard delivered job in Ascential using the new connections and my problem was resolved.

Although I have not been able to do extensive testing, it looks like XP may possibly be used as an Ascential server after all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It remains the case that Windows XP is not a supported (certified) platform and that, therefore, IBM support are within their rights to be deaf to your pleas.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.