RFC connectivity from DataStage to SAP BW

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

RFC connectivity from DataStage to SAP BW

Post by MukundShastri »

The datastage 7.5 server is installed on windows 2000. We are trying to establish RFC connectivity from dataStage using SAP BW loadpack to SAP BW installed on unix server . But it's giving RFC connectivity error.

Is it possible to establish RFC connectivity for BW from dataStage if both are on different OS ( unix and windows) ? Asking this question because I know that ftp connectivity cannot be established between windows and unix. I supposed RFC connection is similar to ftp connection.

Regards

Mukund
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Mukund - Can you pls delete the other duplicate post created.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
prabu
Participant

Re: RFC connectivity from DataStage to SAP BW

Post by prabu »

MukundShastri wrote: Asking this question because I know that ftp connectivity cannot be established between windows and unix. I supposed RFC connection is similar to ftp connection.

Regards

Mukund
maybe besides the point, but AFAIK ftp can be established between windows and Unix. :roll:
sivap
Participant

Post by sivap »

It is possible to connect BW(On Unix) and Datastage(On Windows) using SAP LoadPack.

Regards
MukundShastri wrote:The datastage 7.5 server is installed on windows 2000. We are trying to establish RFC connectivity from dataStage using SAP BW loadpack to SAP BW installed on unix server . But it's giving RFC connectivity error.

Is it possible to establish RFC connectivity for BW from dataStage if both are on different OS ( unix and windows) ? Asking this question because I know that ftp connectivity cannot be established between windows and unix. I supposed RFC connection is similar to ftp connection.

Regards

Mukund
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Dear Sivap ,

We have also the same problem , Datastage in WINNT and BW in Unix OS . can you pl give us the step and process , how to create connection . Is it required that WINNT server can have telnet access to Unix server or some listner setting etc . pl reply ..

Regards

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
sivap
Participant

Post by sivap »

Create a Source System in SAP which connects Datastage and Check the Status. Check the RFC server status in RFC Monitor . Mostly your RFC server is not running.

Regards
arunverma wrote:Dear Sivap ,

We have also the same problem , Datastage in WINNT and BW in Unix OS . can you pl give us the step and process , how to create connection . Is it required that WINNT server can have telnet access to Unix server or some listner setting etc . pl reply ..

Regards

Arun Verma
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

RFC server is Up and running , I getting " unable to connect BW server " while creating RFC connection . I have inform to our network team , for opening port , fire wall access etc . I have gone through RFC document and found some Idoc Listner setting , can you give any idea about Idoc Listner in WINNT .

Regards

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

NO update !!! , Pl help .

Regards

Arun Verma[/quote]
Arun Verma