job which track of the jobhistory, rowhistory,paramhistory

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

job which track of the jobhistory, rowhistory,paramhistory

Post by vsi »

Hi folks,

i have a job design

job1:- seqfile ---> transformer ------> Hashfile

file path is /xyz/Staging/jobstatus.txt

Hashfile name :- jobstatusHash

job2:- seqfile ---> xml --->Transformer---->Table (lookup with JobStatusHashfil)

in the parameters it is using a dsjobcmd

as /u01/accts/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report

Before job subroutine :- ExecSH
Inputvalue :- #dsjobcmd# #projName# #jobName# XML >#FilePath#XML/#jobName#.xml

the job is failed the error message is as follows:-

/u01/accts/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report Dataintegration etlExtractGXStudent XML >/u02/XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml
*** Output from command was: ***
SH: /u02/XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml: cannot create

Some times the error message is
---- unable to open the project

The parameters is used for this Job is:-

dsjobcmd /u01/accts/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report

projectname:- DataManagement
Jobname:- xyz
TargetDSN:-
TargetUser:-
TargetPwd:-
Filepath:- Filepath to Store the XML

please help me to resolve this,

if there is any further information required.

Thanks in advance.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It is saying it cannot create /u02/XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml. Does directory /u02/XML exist? Do you have write permission to it?
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Looks like you are trying to install EtlStats. There is a file called EtlStatsInstall.txt which should explain how to install it. You need to create some directories by creating some type 19 files. Next copy all the folders in the directory Copy2ProjectDir to the poject. Copy2ProjectDir is a directory created when you unzipped EtlStats.zip. The DataStage job SeqJobStatus creates JobStatusHash hashed file from Staging/JobStatusStg.txt. This is one of the files that should of been copied to the directory after you ran the TCL command:

CREATE.FILE Staging 19

The main sequence job is SeqPrepareEtlStats. If you can get it to work then EtlStats is completely installed. After that all you need to do is run DSJobReportDbDriverNoWait at the end of each of your sequences.

Read EtlStatsInstall.txt and if you have a problem let me know. It is not a simple task to make all this work together but it is worth it. There is a lot of metadata created from these processes.
Last edited by kduke on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamu Kim
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Thanks Kduke for your response,

These jobs are provided by IBM SOFTWARE GROUP,

They have given documentation, in that the prerequisites given as

1. Below directories in appropriate place in the UNIX BOX
STAGING XML
2. import the given jobs

as per these prerequisites

i created the above two directories and created tables and imported the jobs.

the job 1. from sequential file(jobstatus.txt) ------------- Hashfile.

it is working fine

in the job2 it is aborted because of unable to create xml file and unable to open the project.

in job2:- There is a before-job subroutne ExecSh

input value:- #dsjobcmd# #projName# #jobName# XML >#FilePath#XML/#jobName#.xml

i have given dsjobcmd in parameters as

/u01/accts/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report

project name:- xyz

job name:- abcd

Filepath:- /u02

i thought that there is a problem in the dsjobcmd and filepath.

the log report for this is

BeforeJob (ExecSH): Error when executing command: /u01/accts/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report Dataintegration etlExtractGXStudent XML >/u02XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml
*** Output from command was: ***
SH: /u02XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml: cannot create

i checked xml and Staging directories in unix they have privileges with my account.

Please give your valuble suggestion to resolve this

appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

please help me to resolve this
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: I suggest you contact the 'IBM SOFTWARE GROUP' that provided the jobs to you. They would be best equipped to resolve any issues with them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Try to put the dsjob report command in a shell script and execute the shell from Datastage.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

chulett wrote::idea: I suggest you contact the 'IBM SOFTWARE GROUP' that provided the jobs to you. They would be best equipped to resolve any issues with them.
Or maybe have the IBM SOFTWARE GROUP software group call me and I will tell them how to install EtlStats. There is no way they named a file jobstatus.txt and put it in a directory called Staging. Me thinks they should at least give me credit.
Mamu Kim
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Me agree with you Kim. Me thinks you should get in touch with vsi and get more info on this IBM SOFTWARE GROUP.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, didn't realize you were this mystery IBM group, Kim. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Please give me the name of the guy you got this from. EtlStats is free but please don't pawn it off as your own work. My name is on most of the jobs. The original job was DSJobReport. I did not write it. It was posted on ADN. It was very unstable and did not write to tables. I think I turned it into something useful. I added a whole lot of other jobs to it. I try not to hide the fact that I did not write DSJobReport. Most of the bugs were related to XML. It is extremely stable now. The JobStatus.txt file creates a hashed file to change the status number into Finished or Finished (see log) just like the Director does. Some of that I learned while from writing DsWebMon. I see shell scripts posted which I know I wrote with other people's names on them. Not cool. I batch file I have on my tips page was originally written by TeeJ. His name is still in there. I have made several changes to it since downloading it. I grew up in Oklahoma and my coding style is very unique. It is not hard to figure out that I wrote it.

I have seen a few routines I know Peter Lai wrote with IBM and others names on it. Peter has a very unique style too. It is easy to spot. One even had all the variables changed but left the code alone. Not hard to tell it is the same program.

Most of this stuff is freely given but don't try to pawn it off as your own work. Someone will figure it out. Besides none of us have all the answers. I still learn something everyday. I am just trying to do a good job and pass on a few tips to help someone improve. Maybe I need to make sure they all have a copyright notice.
Mamu Kim
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Hi kduke,

Most of this stuff is freely given but don't try to pawn it off as your own work. Someone will figure it out. Besides none of us have all the answers. I still learn something everyday.

please dont misunderstand me, my company paid to these jobs and they brought these information from

IBM information integration Solutions ------ Websphere

with title ---- Load Job Log Information ---- 2005 ibm corporation

They provided the documentation for these jobs also

please belive me.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I posted EtlStats in June of 2004. Second version was posted in Feb of 2005.

JobStatus.txt was a text file I created.
Last edited by kduke on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

By the way your error message is telling you that it cannot create file
/u02/XML/etlExtractGXStudent.xml
The directory /u02/XML needs to exist ahead of time. This directory was changed because my version writes to KimD in the project directory.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

vsi wrote:Hi kduke,

Most of this stuff is freely given but don't try to pawn it off as your own work. Someone will figure it out. Besides none of us have all the answers. I still learn something everyday.

please dont misunderstand me, my company paid to these jobs and they brought these information from

IBM information integration Solutions ------ Websphere

with title ---- Load Job Log Information ---- 2005 ibm corporation

They provided the documentation for these jobs also

please belive me.
We believe you. We want to find out who in IBM is selling non-IBM product that is available for free and have that person castigated.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.