FTP stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eldonp
Participant

FTP stage error

Post by eldonp »

I'm doing a job that FTP's files to a windoze server. High level, heres what it looks like...

FlatFile ----> Transformer ------> FTPStage

I get the following error...

TaUpdates..FTP: Error while trying to open connection for sending data to the FTP server, FTP command PASV failed

Has anyone seen this before - and know how to workaround?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

try doing the same Ftp connection manually from the command line to see if it could be the userid/password portion or even the base ftp connection that isn't working. Are you sure you have an ftp server on the Windows machine running?
eldonp
Participant

Post by eldonp »

FTP server works yes. FTP via command line works too. I'm wanting to user the Stage - this cuts out having to create a unix file and scripting the transfer....
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

There seems to be a ftp config problem on the unix side.
PASV mode in ftp is usually used when accessing through a firewall.
May be the PASV mode is disable by your admin.
Request him for details and let us know.

GL 8)
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
eldonp
Participant

Post by eldonp »

Thanks all for the input. I changed the "FTP Data Connection Mode" from passive to active and changed the "Link Tracing Level" from 0 to 4 and it works!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be able to set the Link Tracing Level back to zero as that wouldn't have been involved in making it work. Unless you like the extra information it logs each run of course...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers