Error : out of memory space.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastage1
Participant

Error : out of memory space.

Post by datastage1 »

Hello all,
I am getting an error in a server job as out of memory space.what might be the problem?
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please supply enough details to help locate the problem. Do you get this when you import DSX files? When you compile? When you run? What is the full error message and is it sporadic?

Also specify whether this is a server or a PX job and then post it in the correct forum.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Memory space error in which kind of job. A job that is writing into a Seq file, a table, etc.

Please give details. Posting such statements would lead no one anywhere.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Error : out of memory space.

Post by ray.wurlod »

datastage1 wrote:Hello all,
I am getting an error in a server job as out of memory space.what might be the problem?
Thanks
The problem is that you're out of memory space. Something on your system is eating memory (actually, everything is). You need to apply some diagnostic tools, such as vmstat, to identify the culprit(s).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.