merge stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSbox61
Premium Member
Premium Member

merge stage

Post by DSbox61 »

hi ppl,

i have doubt which might look really stupid.....i want to use a merge stage in my job....but when i try to give an input link to the stage it says destination does not support input stream links....then for what could this stage be used if it cant take oinput links
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

It wont accept the link infact You can mention the input filenames in the Merge Stage itself. There will tow input files which you can merge the way the you want using the join conditions.

HTH
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to try clicking on the Help button inside the stage itself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: merge stage

Post by gateleys »

DSbox61 wrote:hi ppl,

the stage it says destination does not support input stream links....then for what could this stage be used if it cant take oinput links
The input does NOT always have to be via links. Example: Use of Filter command in the Sequential File stage. Merge stage works without the input links, but you will have to specify the names of the 2 input files that you wish to perform a join (specified by the join type). All you needed was to open the properties of the Merge stage!!

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The server Merge stage requires two File Name properties. It reads those files, and places the join specified between them onto its output link.

It does not support input links of any kind.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.