Error compiling generated subroutine for stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jmperezrus
Participant

Error compiling generated subroutine for stage

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi guys,

I get this error everytime I try to compile a job.
The error relates to a transformer stage.
I have checked EVERYTHING (constraints, variables,...). I have even written trivial derivations (with no routines involved, just mapping directly from input fields)
I have even tried to rebuild the transformer in case the internal code was corrupted, but nothing.

The "More" button returns
Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP1776/JOB.1876606699.DT.1411563621.TRANS1', Object = 'RT_BP1776.O/JOB.1876606699.DT.1411563621.TRANS1'
Compilation Complete.
(PRUEBAS_Obj_4_1_3_ObjectL_Mapping.Transformer_xculero)

However, Director states that the job status is "not compiled"

Any suggestion you may have can be of great help...
Cheers!
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

These kind of errors pop up when you try to perform some numerical operation on non-numerical data. What are the derivations you are trying to perform in the Transformer Stage. Double check them.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Thanks Kris,

Actually, as I said there are not any numerical operations. The only derivations are direct copies from input fields (drag&dropped)

Thanks anyways...
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Double check all the derivations, stage variables and constraints in the transformer. Something in there is causing the problem.
Have you encountered similar problems with any other job?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Did you try creating a new job and face the same error? You might want to go and check the code generated in the folder RT_BP1776 and figure it out. But again thats a tough call if your code is really big. Does it happen with any other jobs?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Yup, as you reckon I have tried by "rebuilding" the same job. It was not hard to do since there is almost no code involved, as I said the derivations are direct copies of input links.

I have just noticed that the same issue comes up for other jobs in the same folder... And they are pretty simple too...

I have read a similar post and the guy managed to solve it, this was his final post:

"The issue is there is no enough space in the unix box and also i rebuild the repository indexes using DS.TOOLS and now it's working fine. "

Do you think this is the issue? If yes, how can I do that?
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi everyone,

The problem has been fixed. How? Restarting my PC and trying to compile again. That's it.

Thanks for your help & best regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If this error ever recurs, try clearing the job's status file (Tools menu in Director, or DS.TOOLS menu on server). I'm guessing that the status record for the job somehow got "stuck" (there are a few possibilities, which I will not canvas now, since the problem is resolved).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.