invalid identifier error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sdfasih
Participant

invalid identifier error

Post by sdfasih »

Hi ,
I am getting this error while loading fact table
FACT_LOAD_FINAL_vrp_posn..Dynamic_RDBMS_47: ORA-00904: "TNT_ASSET_ACCT_SID": invalid identifier

TNT_ASSET_ACCT_SID is a column
i donno the reason please suggest
thanx
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Check with the metadata or column existing in the table. And you can do a search on this in the forum..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

TNT_ASSET_ACCT_SID may in fact be a column in the table you meant to access, but it's not in the table you are actually referencing in the job. Hence the ORA-00904 error. Check your job carefully... perhaps it is mispelled or the wrong tablename is being passed. Or the right tablename in the wrong schema. Or...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Re-import the table definition for that particular table. This happened to me a couple of times as my dba changed his db script for the x.next version of the database on friday and sent out the mail on monday.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your DBA owes you at least an apology!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps... if something actually changed. However, it's simple enough for someone to copy a job, replace all the metadata with a new table's columns but forget to actually change the name of the table in the stage. First time you run it... Invalid Identifier. :shock:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers