Performance Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Performance Issue

Post by reddy »

Hi Guys,

I am loading 15 million data from flat file into a oracle table.

Currently it is taking almost 4 hours.

Can you please provide me suggestions to improve performance.

Thanks in advance.
Reddy
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

What stage are you using to load data into your oracle table

I dont think you are using Oracle Bulk loader. Try it.
You will get your job done in less than 1/3 of your time.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Apart from the above question, What is your Update action set to? What is your Array Size set to? How many columns are you loading into the Oracle table? Are you performing any complex calculations in the Transformer Stage, If so, are you using StageVariables effectively? These are few things you might need to look at to improve your speed. But, IMO it depends largely on the number of columns(average length of each record) you have in the target table.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

'Performance' is a relative word. Relative to your environment, record size, depth of transformations, network traffic, database utilization. For millions of records, a logged activity is not advisable. Use the load method. Its a good thing that your data is in a flat file. Invoke the Ora bulk loader by sourcing it in a simple two lined script.
More info is needed on your part to be able to fine tune your job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.