E-mail notification for successful job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

E-mail notification for successful job

Post by vardhan354 »

Gurus,

I want to design an ETL job to send out email when there is no abort or warnings.

Your valuable suggestions are welcome.
ETL
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be what is known as a Sequence job. It can be as simple as two stages: a Job Activity stage to run the job in question and a Notification Activity stage to send an email if all is ok.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi...
You can send a email notification in the sequencer job by using a Notification activity or by Routine activity(DSSendmail or if any routine written)........
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

Can we pass job parameters to notification activity. I tried enclosing the job parameter in #. But the mail didnt get value for Job parameter, it got only Parameter name.
Aim high
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Please do not hijack previous posts. Please post a new post and refer any related posts over there.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE