Controller Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

Controller Problem

Post by vardhan354 »

Folks,

I have two jobs being called in a sequencer.When I run the sequencer,Job1 is getting kicked off and finished successfully.But after this Job2 is not getting started and the sequencer is getting aborted with
the following message.

Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob
(Job1code=-99)
[General repository interface 'other error']

Can anyone put their suggestions to get rid of this error.

Thanks in advance.
ETL
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Are you sure your Job2 is in a compiled state or in a runnable state.?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
vardhan354
Participant

Post by vardhan354 »

Yes...The job2 when ran individually is doing perfect.I dont see any reason, why when it was called in sequencer is not responding!!!!!!!
ETL
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Try running the second job only in a seperate sequence and see if the sequence can call that Job.

From what I understand from your design, Job2 is supposed to get kicked off after Job1. Is your Job2 dependent on Job1? If so, is it possible that the Job2 is getting kicked off before Job1 is totally complete and prepare any files if at all for Job2.Also check if the parameters are keyed in correctly in the Job Sequence.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If its a controller problem then its something else. Try making a copy of that sequence job and deleting the original one. Run the copy. Follow the log in the director and see what exactly happens.
BTW, its not a sequencer, its a sequence job. A sequencer is merely a stage inside a sequence job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.