CLI for oracle, informix and SQL server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tostay2003
Participant

CLI for oracle, informix and SQL server

Post by tostay2003 »

Hi,

I want to connect to Oracle, Informix and SQL server via unix (not from DS).

What all will i require and how can i connect and run SQL queries. The result of which i need to use in datastage.

Thank you
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

All of these products have their own command-line driven interface. You will need to issue commands to login, set schema, execute query/command and logout; each of the 3 has a different method for connecting and it's own syntax. From DataStage you can shell out to UNIX using DSExecute() and similar calls.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

All of these products have their own command-line driven interface. You will need to issue commands to login, set schema, execute query/command and logout; each of the 3 has a different method for connecting and it's own syntax. From DataStage you can shell out to UNIX using DSExecute() and similar calls.
tostay2003
Participant

Post by tostay2003 »

Could you give me the link of documents if at all you have it with you. Google is leading me all places around :D
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You should use the documentation you have at your site.

Oracle - use sqlplus
Informix - use dbaccess
SQL Server - don't know.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I dont think you can access SQL Server via unix. I might be wrong but as far as i know, you cant.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

DSguru2B wrote:I dont think you can access SQL Server via unix. I might be wrong but as far as i know, you cant.
I believe you could access SQL Server via the sybase DB-Library (not CT-library) client (10) up to verion 6.5. If MsSQL still supports DB-library you may still be able to use it. However, Ascential only supports CT-library. I would think a few of the better options would be ODBC or ftp files and build your own put and get process for the files.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well there you go. You can access it by doing a little pre-work :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM has a triffic product just for you called the Information Integrator. Contact any IBM Software Group sales dude, who will be more than happy to hear from you.

This is one of the tools that will sit on the same platform as the Hawk release of DataStage etc., and integrate smoothly with it to provide easier connections to data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.