IDOC extension does not appear

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

IDOC extension does not appear

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

I try to use the matmas IDOC for loading data.
When I try to use a standard IDOCs that has an extension I can only see (and choose) the original segments.
The additional segments (the extended ones) are only present in thier root level segment.

Does anyone knows howto handle this ?

cheers,
Amos
dorescan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dorescan »

Hi Amos,

unfortunately I don't now the answer, but I have the same problem. Maybe somebody who knows the solution will see this message. Of course, if you have found the answer I will be grateful...

Kind regards,

Drazen
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

hi,

We solved the problem and now we are using costumized IDOC. The problem was in the SAP and had to do with the configuration of the extended IDOC and understanding how to use it. Here are some bullets that may help you:

If for example you want to extend MATMAS01, you create an extended IDOC called Z1MATMAS01

* In your datastage job you should use Z1MATMAS01 IDOC (do not expect to see the extension in the original one)
* The process code in the partner profile should match your IDOC
* The name of the extended IDOC will start with Z1 (I found it in the SAP documentation)
* When you choose the IDOC in datastage for the first time, a configuration file is created for this specific IDOC, in our case it was wrong, I had to delete it so datastage will create it again.

Doing all of the above helped me solve the problem and use an extended IDOC

By the way, which version of SAP Pack are you using ? Moving from 5.2 To 5.2.1 (with DS 7.5.1) did us good. It is more stable and it resolved some BAPI problems.

HTH, Good luck,
Amos
dorescan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dorescan »

Thanks Amos, we'lltry to do that. Since this is the change SAP guys have to do, it will take a while. I'll get back to you with more information when we try this Z1 solution.

We are using 5.2.1

Thanks again,

Drazen