SybaseOC stage not opening

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshumangupta1206
Participant

SybaseOC stage not opening

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

The problem is .. whenever I try to open the SybaseOC stage properties in the server job in any of the environments(dev,uat,prod), the screen gets hanged. I have tried reinstalling the Sybase client 12.5.1 and Datastage version 7.1 but still the problem persists.

(These are all old jobs and the system was working fine earlier).
I can open all othere stages, transformer, hash files etc. etc.
wed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Does this problem only occur for you from your workstation, or is it a problem for everyone?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
anshumangupta1206
Participant

chulett wrote:Does this problem only occur for you from your workstation, or is it a problem for everyone?

Yes it is happening only on my machine and all these jobs are working fine on other's machines.
wed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok, then something specific to your installation. I'd suggest you completely uninstall the DataStage client. Make sure the directories it installed are completely removed and then reinstall the client.

See if that helps.
-craig

anshumangupta1206
Participant

chulett wrote:Ok, then something specific to your installation. I'd suggest you completely uninstall the DataStage client. Make sure the directories it installed are completely removed and then reinstall the client.

See if that helps.
chulett,
Thanks for ur suggestion

I uninstalled the client ( both Sybase and Datastage) , and again installed tehm but still the problem remains.
Please advise if there is anything else which can be done.

Regards
wed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm out of suggestions at this point other than to reimage your machine, but that sounds a little drastic. You should open a case with Ascential Support at this point and see what they have to say about the issue.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be worthwhile re-installing the SybaseOC plug-in stage using the Package Installer on your server.

Do you have Sybase client software installed on your DataStage server? This is absolutely required. As far as Sybase is concerned, a DataStage job is just another client application.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anshumangupta1206
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:It might be worthwhile re-installing the SybaseOC plug-in stage using the Package Installer on your server.

Do you have Sybase client software installed on your DataStage server? This is absolutel ...
Hi all,
I could solve this problem, actually i cleared the registry entries form my machine for all the Ascential installations and then re-installed the client.
and it worket out
wed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Technically, part of what I meant when I said to 'completely uninstall' the client - sorry, should have specifically mentioned that.
-craig