Error while compiling a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while compiling a job

Post by SonShe »

When I compile a job I get the error message that "Cannot get exclusive access to the executable file for job XXX. Job may be being monitored".

The said job was stopped by me in the director. Most likely I modified the job while the stop process was not fully complete and then tried to compile.

I checked the job resources in the director and can see the RT_CONFIG file for the job in the "Locks" section.

I will appreciate any help as to how I can get the job compiled.

Thanks.
dsdesigner
Participant

Post by dsdesigner »

It looks like your job might have been locked.

You will need to execute uvsh, LOGTO your project and execute the LIST.LOCKS command.

If you see your job listed there, then it is locked.

You will have to get the job unlocked. Generally the DS admin has the right to unlock jobs.

Thanks
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You're going to need to unlock the USERNO for the lock in question. Use the UNLOCK USER nnnnn ALL syntax. Telnet the DS Server, login as the Administrator, at the account (project) prompt enter UV for the system account. At the > prompt type in LIST.READU to get a list of the locks, find the USERNO column value near the RT_CONFIG entry in question. Type in the UNLOCK statement as above, substituting nnnnn for the USERNO value. Do a LIST.READU again to verify it's gone.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

As long as the job is opened in the designer, you will see it in the lock section in the director.
"Cannot get exclusive access to the executable file for job XXX. Job may be being monitored" is also thrown by the designer when the job was being monitored and the monitor window was not closed. Also make sure you are not viewing the log file of that particular job while compiling it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.