mainframe file issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sdfasih
Participant

mainframe file issue

Post by sdfasih »

Hi,
I have an issue reading mainframe file whose format is
H,date(2006-07-07).....
D,.............................
D,....................
T,1234,..................

H-header record
D-data record
T-trailer record

I am using same metadata to read all the records using CFF stage to convert ebcidic to ascii.
I have an issue with the second column its datatype is integer.So date cannot be loaded into this datatype.After conversion its giving me junk values for data column of header record.
Please suggest some strategy to deal with this issue as it may happen for any file.
Thanx in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like the REDEFINES for a type "H" record is inexact in the metadata. Get that fixed and all should be well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sdfasih
Participant

Re: mainframe file issue

Post by sdfasih »

sdfasih wrote:Hi,
I have an issue reading mainframe file whose format is
H,date(2006-07-07).....
D,.............................
D,....................
T,1234,..................

H-header record
D-data record
T-trailer record

I am using same metadata to read all the records using CFF stage to convert ebcidic to ascii.
I have an issue with the second column its datatype is integer.So date cannot be loaded into this datatype.After conversion its giving me junk values for data column of header record.
Please suggest some strategy to deal with this issue as it may happen for any file.
Thanx in advance.
Thanx Ray, but can you elaborate on your solution.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You claim that the second field is an integer but have described the "H" record type as having a date in the second field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.