Server job in Enterprise Edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Daddy Doma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Daddy Doma »

Hi,

We are running some jobs in DataStage Enterprise Edition 7.5.1 on an AIX platform to collect runtime statistics and load a Data Quality database. The jobs that perform this are Server jobs. They exist in both our Development and Testing environments but have started generating errors in Testing:

Code: Select all

Type: Other=21

Type: Warning
Message: DSJobReportDb.LoadEtlJobLink.XfmXml3: C Stage PlugIn function "Run" required

Type: Warning
Message: DSJobReportDb.LoadEtlJobLink.XfmXml3.ParamsOut: DSD.INTClose Error -100 in GCI close.

Type: Fatal
Message DSJobReportDb.LoadEtlJobLink.XfmXml1: |-100|
After some research on the forum I've looked through our Plugins to ensure they are the same between the two environments, and they are:

Code: Select all

dsdb2=IBM DB2 UDB data access
xmli=XML Pack (input) plugin
xmlo=XML Pack (output) plugin
xmltr=XML Pack (transformer) plugin
xmlipx=XML Pack (PX input) plugin
xmlopx=XML Pack (PX output) plugin
xmltrpx=XML Pack (PX transformer) plugin
Any thoughts/assistance? There are a lot of things on the environments that I am not immediately privvy to, so even basic suggestions will be appreciated to help me.

Thanx,

Zac.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you say you have 'two environments' does that mean dev and test are two separate projects co-located on the same server? Or are they located on separate servers?

And when you say they have 'started generating errors in Testing', I'm assuming they were working previously? If that's the case, the first question is going to be "what changed"? And as Ray likes to say: "Nothing is not the correct answer". :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Daddy Doma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Daddy Doma »

Test and Production are two different servers. On each of these there are multiple projects.

We have previously run the jobs in Production from a command line script (to limit access to DataStage Designer, etc). An overall sequence job runs our parallel ETL jobs and then the server Stats jobs to. All good.

In Test, if we run the sequences individually from Director and do not use the command line the ETL jobs work. However, our new tester is relying on the ETL stats for her analysis and when she uses the command line the errors I've noted occur.

I do not know what the differences between Test and Production are - they were built without my involvement. But I suspect that the reasons for this error are intrinsic to the construction of Test, and have been in place for some time. It is only now that they have been discovered - it is possible they may have been in Production at some time and fixed but I cannot find any supporting doco or person to confirm.
Daddy Doma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Solved: Server job in Enterprise Edition

Post by Daddy Doma »

With thanks to the IBM Support team, we have solved this issue (Case 484217).

Our Problem:
Sever job DSJobReportDb could be executed successfully in production environment but not in test environment. Error message showed : C Stage PlugIn function "Run" required.

Investigation:
- All the XML input stages have the same fatal errors during the run.
- WDI suggested to check the LibPath of both production and test environment.
- The DataStage Ascential lib paths (especially the java lib path) were positioned after the database lib path in test environment. In production, they were before the databse lib path.

Solution:
- To run the XML stage, the Ascential java lib is required.
- Re-arranged the listed path order within LibPath to ensure the Ascential libs are accessed by the datastage jobs before the database lib path.
- Restarted Datastage Server.

Result:
The DSJobReportDb can be executed successfully in test environment.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Aha! Thanks for coming back and posting that. :D
-craig

starsaran007
Participant

Re: Solved: Server job in Enterprise Edition

Post by starsaran007 »

Daddy Doma wrote:With thanks to the IBM Support team, we have solved this issue (Case 484217).

Our Problem:
Sever job DSJobReportDb could be executed successfully in production environment but not in test environment. Error message showed : C Stage PlugIn function "Run" required.

Investigation:
- All the XML input stages have the same fatal errors during the run.
- WDI suggested to check the LibPath of both production and test environment.
- The DataStage Ascential lib paths (especially the java lib path) were positioned after the database lib path in test environment. In production, they were before the databse lib path.

Solution:
- To run the XML stage, the Ascential java lib is required.
- Re-arranged the listed path order within LibPath to ensure the Ascential libs are accessed by the datastage jobs before the database lib path.
- Restarted Datastage Server.

Result:
The DSJobReportDb can be executed successfully in test environment.

Hi Folks,
I am too facing the same error :( .I can understand from the topic posted that, the Java lib should be positioned before the database lib path.

My clarification is i am not sure where should i find the path and how should i rearrange?
It would be great if some one can share the path like "C:\Ascential\....".
K.SARAVANAN
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The same error? In exactly the same circumstances? And you're running Server jobs in EE 7.5.1 on AIX? Things are fine on your Dev but not on your Test server? The error comes from jobs with an XML Input stage? No? Then it's not "the same error". :evil:

:idea: Don't jump on the end of a 4 year old thread and say "me too!". Start your own post. Give us all the details of your problem - DS version, operting system, job design, exact error(s) from the log, etc etc etc. Then someone here can help.
-craig

starsaran007
Participant

Post by starsaran007 »

chulett wrote:The same error? In exactly the same circumstances? And you're running Server jobs in EE 7.5.1 on AIX? Things are fine on your Dev but not on your Test server? The error comes from jobs with an XML Input stage? No? Then it's not "the same error". :evil:

:idea: Don't jump on the end of a 4 year old thread and say "me too!". Start your own post. Give us all the details of your problem - DS version, operting system, job design, exact error(s) from the log, etc etc etc. Then someone here can help.

Sorry About that. I will post a fresh query.
Thanks,
K.SARAVANAN