DataStage ODBC to SQL Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bostjan
Participant

DataStage ODBC to SQL Server

Post by Bostjan »

Hi,

We have a DataStage 7.5.2 placed on LINUX RH platform. We have serious problems when connecting via ODBC connection to the SQL sever 2000. The problem is that whenever we try to import table metadata into DataStage the connection between client and server brokes with error saying: Error calling subroutine: DSR_IMPORT (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project PROJECTNAME. (The connection is broken (81002)).

All nedded configurations in dsenv, uvodbc.config and .odbc.ini files are configured by the book. Let me also tell 2 things:

First is that if you manualy via command prompt log into datastage server and try the ODBC, it 's working. You can receive the data from SQL Server.

Second thing is that if you develope server job on a DataStage server on Windows platform and than job export/import to DataStage server on Linux platform it also works, but the statistics and some stuff is not working.

If you can help me, i'd be very greatfull.

KR, Bostjan
KR, Bostjan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you configured the uvodbc.config file in the project or the one in the DSEngine directory? Try configuring both.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.