Design Time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j
Participant

Design Time

Post by kumar_j »

Hi all.
When i try to open one job, i am getting the error like

This item has no design time information

But this job is running thru Director
Can any one explain what can be the Reason

thks
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

check if the project is protected ?
Om Prakash

"There are things that are known, and there are things that are unknown, and in between there are doors"
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wouldn't be from that. 'Design time information' is basically the source, the stuff that shows up when you open the job in Designer. All you need are the executables in order to run the job - and you've obviously got that.

How was the job moved to the project? The old style 'Release' process would do exactly this, only 'promote' executable code. It sounds like it is only this job that has this issue, where there any issues when it was promoted? You could try promoting it again, see if that helps...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can happen if you import only the executable job from an export file (without importing the design-time components). Or it may mean, by whatever mechanism, the ROOT record for that job has been removed from the DS_JOBOBJECTS table. With expert help (for example Advanced Technical Support at IBM) this could be reconstructed from the other records for that job, but it's probably easier to find the design components in an export file and import the same.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

re import the job. thats the fastest solution. Ofcourse delete the original one before you import.