map windows drive

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ann
Participant

map windows drive

Post by ann »

Hi all,
I am trying to migrate dsjobs from windows platform to linux platform.
We have several jobs, which maps for source text file from other windows servers with the following command.
CALL DSExecute("NT","DIR ":MappedDrive:":\root1\directory /AD /B",CommandCap,CommandRet)

My Q is how can I map a drive and get files from another windows server when datastage is running on linux.

Thanks in advance.
Ann.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Without installing 3rd party software? You can't. You could use command line FTP or SCP to move files around or in your example get a directory browse.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ann
Participant

Post by ann »

hi kenneth ,
Can you please give me the names for the 3rd party software. We used ftp stage before when datastage was on windows to get files from unix servers. Cant we do the same to get files from windows.
And one more thing now we have datastage on linux . not on unix sorry for that.

I found that following command will ftp files from different unix/linux servers.
scp /local/path/local-file user@remote-computer:/remote/path/remote-file

Is there any way where i can write a perl script or unix or linux script which i can execute before the job which ftps the file from windows to my linux box.

thanks in advance,
ann
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

One example is Samb, a package that lets Windoze machiens write to Unix filesystems as if they are mapped drives.

You can still use FTP stages, as well as command line scp and ssh. Since your example is doing a directory listing, ssh is a great option.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle