importing access database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sdfasih
Participant

importing access database

Post by sdfasih »

Hi,
Can somebody tell me how to import access database containing 17 tables into datastage.will metastage will be more useful.kindly tell me the whole procedure as i donno which dsn to use for access database.
thanx
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I don't know of an MS-Access ODBC driver for Unix. One method is to use a SQL-Server database and connect the MS-Access mdb to it, then use the SQL-Server ODBC driver for Unix.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

can you try saving the access to a csv format file?
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

kcbland wrote:I don't know of an MS-Access ODBC driver for Unix. One method is to use a SQL-Server database and connect the MS-Access mdb to it, then use the SQL-Server ODBC driver for Unix.
I also need to access to Ms access from Datastage PX ( 7.5.1A) in Unix ( IBM AX 5.3), if using intermediate DB ( Ms SQL server ) is the only feasible solution, how can I implement it, I mean can you be a little more specific about connecting Ms Access through SQL server so that I can use an ODBC stage in Datstage to access that SQL server.
Thanks,
Chad