HTML to XML transform

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parag.s.27
Participant

HTML to XML transform

Post by parag.s.27 »

Hi All,

I have one situation...where we have to take some data from a HTML page and transform it to an XML output....how can we do that in server job....

i have DS version as 7.5.1.A..

Thanks in advance
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Probably manually. By searching for the tags you want to change. I would think stage variables would be needed to aggregate a field by catenating values across lines.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage is really row-oriented. Perhaps you could re-format the page into a single row (or at least some appropriate chunk between starting and ending tags) then use appropriate techniques (for example lots of Ereplace() invocations in a routine) to substitute tags and the like.

Do you have the conversion fully specified?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
parag.s.27
Participant

Post by parag.s.27 »

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.....
I've found afreeware that converts HTML to XML.....now i'll need to transform this XML as per my need and again generate a XML...

I just wanted to know that...in my server edition i do not have a folder stage...so by using XML input, XML transformer, and XML Output can i do this...

Thanks in Advance
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

parag.s.27 wrote:I just wanted to know that...in my server edition i do not have a folder stage...so by using XML input, XML transformer, and XML Output can i do this...
You have a Folder stage - or you sure should have as it's not one of the optional plug-in stages. Should be under the File section of the Designer palette and under Stage Types / Server / File via the Manager. :?

And no, you don't 'need' the Folder stage to do this, the XML Input stage could happily use the URL method to read a single file if needed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers