User Defined SQL Queries Information.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Zabeerulla
Participant

User Defined SQL Queries Information.

Post by Zabeerulla »

Hi,

Is there any method to find out the jobs which are having User Defined SQL queries and the Queries from a Project. The jobs are using Oracle OCI9 Stage.
Thanks & Regards,

Zabi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.

There are already posted answers to this question, as well as some example queries. Try Search to find some/all of them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Zabeerulla
Participant

Post by Zabeerulla »

HI,

Thanks!

I searched the forum. But I am unable to find it. There are more than 6000 entries found.

Plz help
Thanks & Regards,

Zabi
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Zabeerulla

You need to understand TCL commands. All the SQL you run against the repository tables are TCL commands. You could also probably get what you want with MetaStage or Reporting Assistant. Both of these extract information from the repository tables like DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS to their own repository tables. Reporting Assistant extracts everything into doc_tool.mdb an Access database. These tables were difficult to find what I wanted that I wrote DwNav to help me find table names and stage types.

It would be very easy to list stage types for the one job in question. Once you find the stage type then list all with this stage type. This is not complicated with TCL commands either once you figure out how DS_JOBS.JOBNO is used to join to DS_JOBOBJECTS. Ray is correct in that this has been posted. If you search for the correct thing then you could find these SQL statements.
Mamu Kim