Routine Activity - Triggers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

vijayindukuri wrote:Instead of using routine activity use uservariable activity and call your routine there.It works fine.
Maybe so, but it also 'works fine' calling the routine using a... wait for it... Routine Activity stage! :shock:

It someone is going to be building anything other than basic level Sequence jobs, it is critical that they understand how to properly use triggers in all their nuanced glory.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Anupam - Is your 'Automatically handle activities that fail' option enabled?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

chulett wrote:
sb_akarmarkar wrote:Routine_Activity.$Jobstatus and Routine_Activity.$Returnvalue both are different
Yes, of course... but Routines do not have a $JobStatus - jobs do.

'Executed Ok' means 'returned a zero'. For jobs it is returned as their status, for routines as their answer.
But it is working for me here when i tested.... Can you try in test enviroment how it is possible...

Thanks,
Anupam
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

sb_akarmarkar wrote:
But it is working for me here when i tested....
It might be silly of me to ask, But is the Output of your routine <>0 and you are able to make it work with an OK trigger?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson