Jobs lost when updated in DS_JOBS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

the RESIZE * * * will show any data errors in the file, as you surmised. It also has the benefit in this case of making sure that he is the only person accessing the file (i.e. required to rebuild indices)
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

chulett wrote:
kumar_s wrote:Have a (url=http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 ... bd82f8e8da)look(/url) at this discussion regarding the renaming job.
Kumar - you cannot post links from your search results, they won't work for anyone else. See how it has a '&sid=' component? You need to link directly to the topic you found.
Sure he can. The issue is he is logging into dsxchange.com and not www.dsxchange.com therefore it forces you to login again. Maybe webmaster can fix this.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

kumar_s wrote:Arnd - May I know what is the intention of RESIZE DS_JOBS * * * Will it give out the integrity of the indecies. It seems it requires an Exclusive access to DS_JOBS, so I could not test it now.
Kumar

REINDEX requires exclusive access as well otherwise the indexes get deleted and not rebuilt.
Mamu Kim
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

When i rename jobs by updating DS_JOBS... I got new name jobs in designer but i think when i complie jobs i got those problem..
any suggestion to rename jobs ..

Thanks,
Anupam
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As discussed in other post which I tried to post, if you update the DS_JOBS without updating the relevent DS_JOBOBJECTS, you may likely to loose the intergrity between the two hashed files. That that too is done for sure on REINDEXing ALL the hased files.
Since you have reverted back and deleted that category ad messed more, try to delete the same category from DS_JOBOBJECTS as well.
And check the condition of the hashed file of DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS with the suggestion given by Arnd, or use COUNT DS_JOBS, and COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS. Make sure you dont have any issue with bad records.
Before all take a backup of existing one (if you dont have a healthy copy) both though Unix and though DS export.
If you have prompted witha any bad records, you many need to sacrifice some of the jobs, by trying on fixing it. You can use FIX.FILE DS_JOBS for it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

kduke wrote:
kumar_s wrote:Arnd - May I know what is the intention of RESIZE DS_JOBS * * * Will it give out the integrity of the indecies. It seems it requires an Exclusive access to DS_JOBS, so I could not test it now.
Kumar

REINDEX requires exclusive access as well otherwise the indexes get deleted and not rebuilt.
Yes, even the lock wont be established (which occurs before indexing by DS) to the hashed file, if its accessed.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would delete this project and start over with a backup.
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One of the first things I said - hope you have a backup - for exactly that reason. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers