error read_delimited() in csv file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

error read_delimited() in csv file

Post by kollurianu »

Hi All,

Iam running running a csv with quotes around the fields
i got the following error, how to fix the file? while viewing the file i did not get any error,
looks like control character , and had a new line character in the field.so it
might happen again , is there any i could define the format to overcome this error rather than fixing file.

..ipfile.iprec: read_delimited() - invalid quotes, row 1342 column Address1 = "141 santa rosa avenue
"

Code: Select all

"32045773","goriot@mac.com","greg ","tangonan","asia pacific tech strategies","C
EO/Owner/President","141 santa rosa avenue^M
",,"oxnard","California","United States","93035",,,,"Communications","eb_enhanci
ng_productivity","eb_managing_change","security","voip_telephony","Less Than 100
","no",,,,"Other","yes","networking_exchange","business.att.com","2006-04-24 09:
26:15.0","2006-04-24 09:25:40.0","2006-04-24 09:26:15.0",,
Any inputs.....greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You have a carrige return (^M) in your data in that particular column. This topic has been covered a lot here. Use the search engine.
Click herefor a start.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I am also facing the same kind of issue.

I my case there is a text field in which user has copied and pasted some data using windows.

Now this field when viewed in a text editor contains some extra characters which is causing a delimiter issue in our jobs. The character is there at the end of record like a replacement for "enter".

can you please help?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You really need to start a new post. Post hijacking is frowned upon. By starting your own thread, you will give us info about your os type, server edition, which may have a different solution.
Try looking at the post i referenced in my earlier post.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Am sorry being ingorant bout the rules. I thought my topic was related to this so.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

No need to say sorry. I understand that your topic is related. But depending upon the OS the answers might be different and hence creating a confusion.
This also helps later on when people use the search utility. Thats why, no biggie :)
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Oh Okay. cool.