Running Seq fully in case any job in between getting aborted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhaskarjha
Participant

Running Seq fully in case any job in between getting aborted

Post by bhaskarjha »

hi

In my sequence(main seq) , there are two sequences(seq1 , seq2) and each of these seq is having four jobs running. I want this main seq to run , even if any of these eight jobs or any seq1 or seq2 is getting aborted .

Even my mainseq show abort status ,its ok, but all the jobs other than jobs getting aborted should run .

can any one help me
Bhaskar Jha
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

In your Job Properties tab of the Main sequence and Seq1 and Seq2, do you have "automatically handle activities that fail" option checkedIf so, uncheck it and you should achieve what you are looking for.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
bhaskarjha
Participant

Post by bhaskarjha »

thanks for the quick reply, that job property is alredy unchecked

hi , here i will explain problem in detail, all four jobs in seq1 and seq2 are running one after the other with trigger condition UNCONDITIONAL. so if first of four jobs aborts then only i wann that my seq1 and seq2 and mainseq should run fully
Bhaskar Jha
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

So, you mean to say that only if your first job of the four jobs in Seq1 and Seq2 fail, then you want other jobs to run. Is this how your design looks like?

Code: Select all

In Seq1 and Seq2

Job1----->Job2------->Job3------>Job4
If Job1 fails, then do you want Job2,3 and 4 to run. Is that how you want it to be? I just want us to be on the same page before I can suggest something.
Kris

bhaskarjha
Participant

Post by bhaskarjha »

yes i wann it in this way only , u got it right
Bhaskar Jha
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Then have a Failedtrigger as output from the Job1 to a sequencer stage and then run the jobs 2,3 and4. That way, Jobs2,3 and 4 run when Job1 fails or aborts. Else it depends on what your requirement is if Job1 finishes OK.
Kris

bhaskarjha
Participant

Post by bhaskarjha »

thanks for solution

here if i wann that all jobs should run in any condition , i.e. if the if 1st job run successfully then also i wann that all job should run . i have tried ur should yet but is it possible with ur soln
Bhaskar Jha
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Then you need to give the trigger expression fo the first job as UNCONDITIONAL.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

DSguru2B wrote:Then you need to give the trigger expression fo the first job as UNCONDITIONAL.
That is how his originial design looked like to me.

Bhaskar,
Did you try with your original design i.e with an UNCONDITIONAL trigger as output from the first job. Did your Job Sequence abort in that case?
Kris

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

bhaskarjha wrote: here if i wann that all jobs should run in any condition
UNCONDITIONAL will run the next job no matter what happens, the job finishes, crashes and burns :twisted: , it doesnt matter.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.