Null INdicator in MVS jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yksjosh
Participant

Null INdicator in MVS jobs

Post by yksjosh »

Hello every one,

I am facing a problem with regard to Null indicator.
In the job properties Tab, i am defining the Nullindicator value as '?' (character)
and the Non Null ValueIndicator Value as 'N'

But still when I generate the code the program contains the Null Indicator as 1 and the nonNull value as 0.

In the job I am reading the data from a fixed width file and writing the data into the DB2 Load ready file.

I have no Job Parameters in the job.
Do I still need to specify a Job Parameter file name for this null indicator to take effect in the generated code.

Thanks in Advance.
Yogesh
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

A little more clarification would help me to understand your problem.

Are you trying to identify null values in your FF source, or are you trying to change the way that nulls will be indicated in your LR file?

Thanks.
yksjosh
Participant

Post by yksjosh »

I am trying to change the way that nulls will be indicated in my LR file.

Thanks
Yogesh
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

If I recall, IBM's load utility provides for some flexibility; e.g., whether the null indicator field is before or after the nullable column value. Why would you want to change the null indicator values (0/1)?
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

dls wrote:If I recall, IBM's load utility provides for some flexibility; e.g., whether the null indicator field is before or after the nullable column value. Why would you want to change the null indicator values (0/1)?
It is before the nullable column, 1 indicates what follows is NULL and 0 indicates NOT NULL. I am not sure if you can change that indicator in your job and btw job parameter has got nothing to with null indicator.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson