Testing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

Testing

Post by vardhan354 »

Hi Folks,

Thanks to DSxchange for the valuable information that is being posted.Right now I have to test some of the developed jobs.So could you guide any procedure to do testing of the jobs.Btw, What do you mean by unit testing and Data Integration testing of DS jobs.Please throw you u valuable opinions about the said topics.

Rgds,
VG.
ETL
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Testing

Post by sud »

vardhan354 wrote:Hi Folks,

Btw, What do you mean by unit testing and Data Integration testing of DS jobs.Please throw you u valuable opinions about the said topics.

Rgds,
VG.
Unit testing is done to test the functionality implemented within the job and will involve testing the job with negative and positive data to test rejections of invalid data and to test that the functionality yields correct results.

Integration testing involves testing the jobs vis-a-vis the other applications your ETL interfaces with.

You know, the point is, if you want defenitions you should refer google(to start with) for the same since this site is specifically for techncal requirements related to datastage. :!: :!: :!:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
vardhan354
Participant

Post by vardhan354 »

Thanks !!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
ETL