Exporting Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh_color
Participant

Exporting Jobs

Post by satheesh_color »

Hai,

I have a problem in exporting jobs.

Our server:HpUnix( U.S)
Client: WindowsXp (India)

We are connecting the server through SVPN.My problem is i can't able to export my jobs in Manager.While exporting the job it takes as an jobname.Xml file ,after exporting the file still shows 0KB.I mean the file is empty.Is there any restriction can be made in server side?

Regards,
Satheesh.Rajan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The type of the file, XML or dsx is up to you, how you select the option available in Manager client.
Even a empty job sould atleast give you header information. Was there any error comming out while exporting?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
satheesh_color
Participant

Post by satheesh_color »

Hai Kumar,

I am just exporting the particular job with the corresponding stages as well as routines.Nothing other than that.

While opening the .Xml file it shows that Xml document must have the top level element

Regards,
Satheesh.rajan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to export in dsx format, by unchecking "Export as XML Document".
Also make sure "Use default Viewer" is selected under Viewer tab.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This may also be related to the slowness of your VPSN connection as noted in a different thread. The selected components must be transmitted to the client, which is where the export file is created.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.