Email Notification of Error Log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

Email Notification of Error Log

Post by vardhan354 »

Hey Folks,

I want to notify the production support team whenever a job is failed with an e-mail notification containing the error log(as attachement) or the direct log of the job ,so that the person need not login to DS director to look at the error.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

V.G
ETL
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

EtlStats has a job included called EtlChkSeqJobsNotRun. This loops through all jobs to see if any had errors or warnings. All it needs is the sequence name. It sends a html web page as an attachment with the log file of the job which has warnings or errors. The job called GenHtmlJobLog will loop through the last job run and put the log messages in a html document to be sent as an attachment.

EtlStats is free. You can download it from my tips page. Lots of new goodies coming soon. It is also available on www.tools4datastage.com. I will change me link to it soon.
Mamu Kim
vardhan354
Participant

Post by vardhan354 »

Could you be more elaborative of this method as I wanted to implement at my work place.Where do I find ETLSTATS...

Thanks

VG
ETL
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

If you look at Kim's signature area...you'll find two links which take you there where you can find ETLSTATS :wink: