unable to create XML document

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudhakar_viswa
Participant

unable to create XML document

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

I am creating XML document from a sequential file.In datastage it is showing the job is executed successfully.But,the document is not created.can anybody help me.

Thanks,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How do you know the document has not been created? How are you attempting to create it, and where? Are you using a default style sheet, one created by importing metadata, or a custom style sheet? What stage type(s) are you using?

Some XML documents (such as during compilation of a job sequence, or reporting from Designer) are created on the client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi ray,

I did not select any options.I just specified the path,where it has to be stored.And i have run the job.I did not find the xml file in specified path.

Thanks,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What stages? Did you import the XML's metadata so you are using the proper XPath expressions? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi chulett,

i did not specify any XPath.i have taken one sequential file and one transformer and one XMLOutpu.And then i just drag the columns in transformer.I specified the path where this xml has to be created.What else i need to do.

Thanks,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Sudhakar,
Please read the chapter 4, Using XML Output, of the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf. Then you will understand what XPATH expression should be coded on the columns of the output tab of the XML Output stage to create the XML document.
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

I searched for XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf but i could not found the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf,So, From where can i get the XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf file.

Thanks,
sudhakar
i need to know datastage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Normally it installs into C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Docs (or the Docs folder wherever you installed your DataStage client). If you ordered XML PACK separately, then it will be on the media on which that software was delivered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.