Tab as Column Delimiter in FTP Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try 009. If you read the documentation more completely, you will find that a three digit decimal number is treated as an ASCII code. You can also specify Unicode as a hexadecimal number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vaby »

Hi Ray,

I tried 009, but it still ends up with "0" as column delimiter in the output file. May be I miss something else?

Vladimir
MerrillLynch
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MerrillLynch »

If you have NLS enabled, version 7.1r1 has issues with FTP'ing a tab delimited file. Open a case with Ascential and they can send you a patch to fix the issue. I have experienced the exact issue and the patch took care of it. The key is NLS - when you open the case make sure you mention that NLS is involved.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D
Thank you for that answer. Do you happen to have the ecase number?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MerrillLynch
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MerrillLynch »

Thanks Ray - Here is the eCase number I originally had: 416113.
Because it took so long for this to get figured out, I worked directly with Jay Nash to fix this. At first Ascential could not reproduce the issue at their site but it turns out that they were testing on a server that did not have NLS enabled - once they realized it was NLS that was causing the issue they sent me a new dsftp.dll that resolved the issue.
vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vaby »

For archives -- the patch MerrillLynch mentioned has been delivered under eCase 52622. And it's for AIX, not for Windows. Hopefully I will have a patch for Windows from Ascential soon.
vaby
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vaby »

A patch for Windows that was delivered by Ascential is ECASE 96969.