Capturing DBMSCode

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peppy_perky
Charter Member
Charter Member

Capturing DBMSCode

Post by peppy_perky »

Hi all,

I have around 20 to 25 server jobs . In that source is Oracle (OCI) and target is Oracle (OCI) . Just a xfm for doing the transformations and a hash file to capture the application and db errors. xfm and hashfile I have put into a shared container. Problem starts here. I have to capture the DBMS code in the hash file. I have done (outputlink.DBMSCODE) . But it is always returning -9 for all the jobs(even though a db error e.g. unique constraint violation or length precision or nonnumeric data to a numeric field). I have created a new job for testing and there DBMS Code has been captured correctly.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Capturing DBMSCode

Post by chulett »

peppy_perky wrote:I have created a new job for testing and there DBMS Code has been captured correctly.
What's different about this 'new job'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
peppy_perky
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by peppy_perky »

Hi Chulett,

There is no difference in the new job. I have just created a new job from the scratch with the same functionality of my previous job(one among the old jobs).

But it is tedious to recreate all the jobs.

I would like to hear your advice.

Thanks a ton,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As of now, I really couldn't explain it. :?

Are you saying that you used that same shared container in a new job and it functions correctly there, whereas it doesn't seem to be working 'correctly' in the older jobs? Does it help if you simply recompile the older jobs? If there have been any changes in the SC, perhaps ones you are not aware of, this would bring them into any jobs that use that SC.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers