DataStage Repository Error on AIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fk4u
Participant

DataStage Repository Error on AIX

Post by fk4u »

Hello All,
I have installed Datastage server ver 7x on AIX. When i try to import any metadata it prompt me following error: " Unable to initialize Plugin"

At the same time when i click viewdata button in OracleOCI plugin it give me following error: "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen"

I have full rights at OS level, full right on datastage directory, I have login through administrator.

Can any one help me in this regard??
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi and Welcome aboard :),
This usually means you have a configuration issue with the Oracle client configuration.
It can be an environment issue or an oracle client (you need one installed on the DS server) issue

Please specify what configuration requirements you implemented from the Plugin/Install manuals regarding Oracle.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
fk4u
Participant

Re: DataStage Repository Error on AIX

Post by fk4u »

Hi roy,
Thanks for the reply.
But still i m unable to find the solution. I dont know how to install plugins on AIX.
Regarding oracle connectivity, i m able to conect to oracle server through my client system. SO i think there is no problem oracle installation.
may be there is problem with plugins which datastage install.
waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!
fk4u wrote:Hello All,
I have installed Datastage server ver 7x on AIX. When i try to import any metadata it prompt me following error: " Unable to initialize Plugin"

At the same time when i click viewdata button in OracleOCI plugin it give me following error: "ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen"

I have full rights at OS level, full right on datastage directory, I have login through administrator.

Can any one help me in this regard??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Reread what Roy posted, more carefully this time. You haven't configured DataStage so it knows how to access Oracle on your server. You need to edit the dsenv file properly and then 'bounce' DataStage. This is documented in the DataStage Plug-in Installation and Configuration Guide documentation installed on your pc. Check the DataStage Oracle OCI Stage Guide as well.

Waiting!!!!!!!!!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fk4u
Participant

Post by fk4u »

Let me clarify once more. I have Oracle 10g Release 2 database server installed on the same AIX 5.3 server where Datastage server is installed. Oracle was installed first. After reading the installation doc, I have modified the $DSHOME/dsenv file and specified values for ORACLE_HOME,ORACLE_SID and LIBPATH. Now the enviornment for dsadm user looks like:

$ env
_=/usr/bin/env
LANG=en_US
LOGIN=dsadm
APT_ORCHHOME=
PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/u01/app/datastage/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.
LC__FASTMSG=true
LOGNAME=dsadm
MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/dsadm
ORACLE_SID=pakedwt
LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc
USER=dsadm
AUTHSTATE=files
UDTHOME=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/ud41
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
DSHOME=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos
UDTBIN=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/ud41/bin
ODBCINI=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/.odbc.ini
HOME=/u01/app/datastage
TERM=xterm
MAILMSG=[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/102
PWD=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine
TZ=CST6CDT
A__z=! LOGNAME
LIBPATH=/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:
/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/classic:
/u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/bin::/u01/app/oracle/102/lib:/u01/app/oracle/102/rdbms/lib
NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

I restarted the Datastage server as well but still get the same error. I have also verified that plugins for oracle9i have been installed. Infact all the available plugins are installed in my datastage installation.

Note: No oracle client has been installed on the server As I already have Oracle database server, which provides all the shared libraries required by Datastage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Note, this has been answered in the other post created to continue this conversation. If anyone wants to throw their two cents into the bucket, please do it there. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers