Creating a shared container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandra4u
Participant

Creating a shared container

Post by chandra4u »

Hi
I want to create a shared container, which will be used in many jobs. So I need your help in this. The container will accept some parameters as input, then selects some columns from the oracle database using those parameters in the where condition and will return the new column values.
So I wan to know what are the stages should be used in the shared container and how. And how to plugin this shared container in the job.
Please let me know.

Thanks
Chandra
ashwin141
Participant

Post by ashwin141 »

Hi Chandra

I think you should go through user guide and read about shared container creation. Also search the forum for shared container, you will find many posts.

Regards
Ashwin
chandra4u
Participant

Post by chandra4u »

Ashwin, I hav gone through all the stuff. I have created a shared container also. But its not working. So wanted to know how you guys out my scenario in the shared container.
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's 'not working' about it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ashwin141
Participant

Post by ashwin141 »

It will be easy for us to help you if you can explain in brief what exactly is the problem.

Regards
Ashwin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to pass parameter values to a shared container via its Properties once the shared container has been painted onto the design canvas. This is done from the Repository view, but otherwise is an identical process to painting a stage onto the design canvas. It's good practice to click the command button that validates the input and output link names.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.