DS MVS Installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yksjosh
Participant

DS MVS Installation

Post by yksjosh »

Hello All,

I am facing a problem while running the jobs on MF.
We have FTPed the required files to the mainframe during the installation. But while running the jobs we get SOC1 error.

Can anyone help me in this regards.

Thanks in Advance

Yogesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not unless you describe the job design in fairly full detail.

Otherwise your question is of the class "my car doesn't work, a red light comes on - can you tell me how to fix it?".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

yksjosh, have you been able to execute any job successfully?

If not, and this is a new installation, I suggest that you go through the IVP (initial verification process). Until you can do that successfuly, there is no assurance that the installation is complete and the system is fully configured.
yksjosh
Participant

Post by yksjosh »

Hello ray,

I had made a simple test job where i am reading a column from one file and writing the same to another output file.

I have just three stages two Fixedwidth FlatFile and one transformer.

We are able to compile the code on the mainframe but when we run we get S0C1 error.

Also i wanted one more thing to know
there is a statement
CALL 'DSINIT7' USING DS-RTL-ERRCOMM

what is the function of this statement.

Thanks and regards
Yogesh
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

DSINIT7 could be a routine that is being invoked in the process of capturing operational meta data for this job. Is it your intent to capture operational meta data?

Your problem may be limited to operational meta data capture, or you could have a much wider problem with your run time library (RTL). The RTL is established during the install of the server components. If it were an RTL problem, you would likely have a problem with ALL of your jobs.

Do the results of the link edit step from your job's compile indicate any unresolved references?