DSD.BCIConnect call to SQLConnect returned ERROR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSD.BCIConnect call to SQLConnect returned ERROR

Post by pmadhavi »

Hi

I am querying from SQL server database using the ODBC stage.
The query is just selecting the columns from the source table.
The columns are ID(integer) and Address(varchar9255)).
I am able to run the query at backend.

But when I run the job I am getting the following error.
Test_Address..AX_STR_select: DSD.BCIConnect call to SQLConnect returned informational message.

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage

Test_Address..Transformer_128
DataStage Job 1255 Phantom 3672
Program "JOB.185184415.DT.1403032172.TRANS1": Line 65, Improper data type.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage Test_Address..Transformer_128
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

Please help me in finding out the problem.
Thanks,
Madhavi
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

The error message says that at line 65 there is an invalid datatype. My guess is the data in the address field is somehow settlingi nto the ID column which is causing that error. Go into the ODBC stage and look at line 65 and see if that is happening. What is your target stage in this job. Try to load the data into a sequential file and see if you are able to see the data correctly in the sequential file?

IHTH
Kris
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

I am not able to run the job at all. And When I try to view data in the source ODBC stage, full address is not getting displayed for the address column as given in Query analyser.
I am loading the data into a sequential file(target) using a transformer.
Thanks,
Madhavi
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Ok. Does your job include calls to any routines? Also, could also go into your project directory and go to the directory RT_BP1255 and look at the file "JOB.185184415.DT.1403032172.TRANS1" line 65 to get some idea of where the problem might be occuring.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Also the error you have mentioned occurs when you try to pass null values to a function that can't handle nulls.

IHTH
Kris.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I would guess, given the size of the VarChar column, that SQL Server or the ODBC driver has generated the informational message referred to, alerting you to the fact that you are using a large row size. The largest row size permitted by default in the ODBC stage is 8KB; you can increase this limit by setting the MAXFETCHROWBUFF parameter in the uvodbc.config file. This may be set globally or for an individual data source name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.