Date conversion problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The original post by hhh specified server job, which means we are in the correct forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

I am using Oracle_Oci_9i stage for source and target.If i prefer any oracle stage or ODBC stage despite i am facing same problem.
ArndW wrote:Which stage are you using to write to Oracle? ...
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Anupam, for each row i am getting same warning message.
sb_akarmarkar wrote:Is it happing to that 2333 row only ? with timestamp value "1998-01-31 00:00:00"

Thanks,
Anupam
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

There are lots of Date and Time functions in Parallel job's guide, please search out in help manual you will get there
raji wrote:Hi all,

As i am new to Datastage, I want to know that the Functions "Iconv and Oconv" works in Parallel Extender jobs or not.

If not which is the equivalent function to this in parallel jobs.

Please ppl help me out.

thanks in advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Your ICONV/OCONV conversion is working fine but for some reason your target table doesnt like what its fed. Try changing the meta data of that column from DATE to VARCHAR and then try loading it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Yes, Craig Hulett and you both are right, after changing date to varchar it works fine, but can we change something in Adminstrator-projects-NLS-Server Locales -TIME/DATE ? here we have some options that i have tried with different countries' date format however i could not get right one, if u have any idea so please clerify on it.

DSguru2B wrote:Your ICONV/OCONV conversion is working fine but for some reason your target table doesnt like what its fed. Try changing the meta data of that column from DATE to VARCHAR and then try loading it.