Sequencer Should wait and check for abort

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

So give a sequncer the 5 input from 5 job activity. Wait till all get finished. If all pass the test, ok else 'Terminate' it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Participant

Post by 120267 »

Hi ramesh,

How to check for abort /pass?In sequencer stage there is no properties to check for fail.
With Love,

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......>>>> Siva.G<<<<......»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Select All Mode of the sequencer stage
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Link all jobs to sequencer stage, keep sequencer mode as all, link it to nested condition , place status of all job in trigger of nested condition "Jobname1.$jobstatus=DSJS.RUNFAILED or Jobname2.$jobstatus=DSJS.RUNFAILED...................." link that to terminator activity...

Thanks,
Anupam
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

For this you wont be even need to include the terminator stage. Just "check Automatically handle that fail". Make the 5 job activities independent.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

kumar_s wrote:For this you wont be even need to include the terminator stage. Just "check Automatically handle that fail". Make the 5 job activities independent.
But i think it will show the status of sequence completed sucessfully at end.
and i think siva dont want that status of sequence.

and as he is runing jobs parallely then he dont need even sequencer also, Just he has to remove terminator activity.

Thanks,
Anupam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequencer Should wait and check for abort

Post by chulett »

120267 wrote:But it should not be the case ,it has to wait for all the five jobs to finish and finally check for the status and act accordingly.
Define 'act accordingly'. That will help cut down on the speculation.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Participant

Post by 120267 »

Anupam,

I tried your way,But I want the sequencer to be aborted .But the sequencer is not aborting as per the suggestion made by you.It just throws warning.

I have to wait till all the jobs complete and finally check for abort and have to abort the sequencer if any one job aborts.I am also getting one info logged in DS ".....JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Sequencer 'Sequencer_49' was entered, but never exited"
With Love,

sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Try to create same setup with small job in test enviroment and there you try to execute... It is working fine here and getting correct result.

Thanks,
Anupam
Participant

Post by 120267 »

yes anupam i am testing in test server only...But in my case i am using loop activity which may trigger all 5 or even one based on my routine output.So the sequencer property ALL wont work here.So is there any other way to achive this.
With Love,

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Terminator activity has a "wait" option, implemented as a check box. However, a Terminator is the "end of the line" - it does not support output links, so you can not then go on to any "act accordingly". You need to re-think your design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.