Image file to BLOB field in Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tang
Participant

Image file to BLOB field in Oracle

Post by tang »

Do anyone know that whether datastage can transfer Image from file to BLOB field in oracle?? Urgent Help Need!! SOS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The answer is "not directly". DataStage is an ETL tool; what kind of transformation would you expect to perform on an image file or a BLOB?

Those who have had this requirement have tended to perform some kind of hex encoding, so that DataStage is able to move only printable characters. You may, even so, try to handle too long a text string using this method.

Etiquette Note
We don't do "urgent" or "ASAP" here. This is an all-volunteer site; folks post as and when they can. If you want urgent answers sign up with your support provider for premium service; you will thereby learn the true cost of urgent. More experienced posters than you get punished for "urgent" requests by being ignored for a period - at least by me.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tang
Participant

Post by tang »

ray.wurlod wrote:The answer is "not directly". DataStage is an ETL tool; what kind of transformation would you expect to perform on an image file or a BLOB?

Those who have had this requirement have tended to perfo ...
Actually not transform.. i just need to move the image in the file to oracle using datastage is there anywhere to do that?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

You could script it (sqlplus) and have DataStage execute the script, but there is nothing within DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.