Clearing ORA target table for subsequent use in bulk loading

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sameer1126
Participant

Clearing ORA target table for subsequent use in bulk loading

Post by Sameer1126 »

Hi,
I need to do a daily full load for a particular oracle target table, and am using the ORA OCI Load Stage (ie the bulk loader) with Direct Path load.

Now, for this to work properly, it seems the target table must already be empty, since the bulk loader stage does not give the option of clearing and then inserting the rows.

The job is a simple one... I read data from a seq file, do a few rudimentary transformations in the transformer, and then load it into the target table. How do I clear the table before I use the bulk loader? I know I can make a separate job just to clear the table, but I'd rather be able to do this in the same job.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I didn't see any relevant thread when I seached the forums.

--
Sameer
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

One way I could think of is to use a before Job ExecSH(Silent) subroutine, and invoke sql and then clear the table and then run your job.

IHTH
Kris