Problem executing Server job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem executing Server job

Post by yaminids »

Hello friends,

I am running into issues while running a simple Server job.
The job inserts data into an Oracle table reading from a Seqeuntial File Stage.

SequentialFileStage==>Transsformer==>OCI9i Stage

When I tried to execute the job for the first time it did not insert any records ever after running for 3 hours. I got the following error when I tried to clear Job Resources after killing the job

ERROR: Cannot find any process numbers for stages in job TEMP_CORPFEED3

I am getting the same error when I tried to rename the file and execute it.

Did anyone face this problem before?
Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks a bunch in advance
Yamini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there something else, perhaps another DataStage job, perhaps some other process. that has locked the Oracle table? Check with your DBA.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

As Ray mentioned check if the table is being locked by another process.

Also, try inserting, updating a record into that table manually from SQLplus or TOAD or whatever and see howlong does it take to insert/update a single row. The last time that happened to me, it was taking 10sec to insert a single row :shock: and the job never ran completely. I had to kill it always not knowing the reason.

Then, the DBA had to analyze the table and then it ran fine. So, check for these and discuss it withyour DBA. I am pretty sure it is not as much a datastage issue as much as it is a database issue.

IHTH
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That error message can also occur if an attempt has been made to kill the job processes using operating system commands. There must be processes (resources) existing for Cleanup Resources to be able to work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to do export and import the same job. And make sure you dont get any warning or error during that process. This is to make sure you job design with the DS repository is ok.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...
Analyzing the table did the trick

Yamini
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

So what was the action point taken to the table to make the job to perform well?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

I have requested the DBA to Analyze the table and collect the Statistics
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Based on the statistics,have you taken remidial action to improve the performance?
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Apart from collecting the Statistics we did not take any action to solve the issue