IMPORT&EXPORT ERROR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

IMPORT&EXPORT ERROR

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Hi Folks
Need Advice on Import and export error
i am tring to export the individual job from DEVL and trying to import to PROD it says
NO OBJECTS FOUND FOR IMPORT
text file along with it says EXPORT ABORTED
Any advice regarding this issue is much appreciated
Thanks
Kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

When importing are you referring to a valid DataStage export file? If you exported in XML format, for example, you will need to choose the XML import option.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Thanks Ray for your quick response,
actually last nite when i ran FTPing job it ran successfuly but in the director it left all the log as warning message with 45k logs(data got 45k rows)
during that time i am adding the sequence jobs to the master sequencer the following error came
Record J\5192\V0S1P9 in file DS_JOBOBJECTS does not exist
the time it came after that i had done couple of sequence jobs they dissapeared and i took the count as it was said in the forum
the count for the DS_JOBOBJECTS is 122008 records counted(i made this count in administrator command window)
NEXT DAY i tried to do this export and import it shows this error

Sorry for the long message just to give clear description of the error

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue
Thanks
Kris

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There may be some corruption in DS_JOBOBJECTS or DS_JOBS, or they may need to be re-indexed.
Because you can count DS_JOBOBJECTS I will assume for now that that hashed file is not corrupted. Can you count DS_JOBS?

At a time when no-one is using DataStage, login with administrator privileges and execute the command DS.REINDEX ALL. This may correct your problem.

In Designer can you check whether you can open the job whose number is 5192? To determine which job this is, execute this query:

Code: Select all

SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO = '5192';
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Thanks Ray
i executed the query it shows
0 RECORDS LISTED
i more thing i need to mention to to earlier to that i got RT_LOGXXX error
so i deleted theat number log from the unix server still the problem is not resolved
so i had exportyed jobs deleted the jobs and again tried to import it gave error but imported the jobs

then i executed reindexedall from the administror command

i deletde the 2 sequential jobs after i get the error message of Record J\5192\V0S1P9 in file DS_JOBOBJECTS does not exist

iam in big confusion state rite now
I really need a great help from you guys
Thanks
Kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like you may have some orphaned components - you should never delete from UNIX, since it does not remove the VOC entries. Execute the command

DS.CHECKER 
to search for and remove orphaned components, and let us know if that has fixed the problem. If you can get exclusive access to the project, you might also like to try

DS.REINDEX ALL
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Also make sure you DS_JOBOBJECTS are in the safer side by executing

COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pmadhavi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pmadhavi »

I hope the DS_JOBOBJECTS file got corrupted.
One of the reasons can be there was no space left when the job ran into warnings and the file got corrupted.

The only thing you need to do is contact the IBM Ascential support desk.
they will help u out in resolving the issue.

We had the exact problem couple of weeks back and we took the help of Ascential.
Thanks,
Madhavi
mail2krishna79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mail2krishna79 »

Thanks a Million to all you guys who showed me right path and guidance
the issue got resolved
i cleared all the orphaned components and with the administrator privileges i ran DS.REINDEXALL and it took care about all the issue

I really appreciate all you folks from bottom of my heart
Thanks
Kris

NB:Appologies for the late reply
hexa
Participant

Post by hexa »

i too got the same problem but i don not know wat is that orphaned components .can u please let me know about it